Sunday, July 19, 2009

Oklahoma City

My show today at the downtown library in OKC kicked off a children's music festival which lasts all week, featuring local performers and musicians from the Kansas City area.

Lisa took a million great shots & as you can see, I had trouble narrowing them down.

Evalyn's friend Hope came with us today. Here they are together:


We sang "Don't Look, I'm Making a Book":


During "Silly Song," not only did kids suggest their own verses, they came up on stage to do it. This kind of happened spontaneously, and it worked really well in that auditorium. Here are shots of the kids who came up to write verses with me. Tail-swishing giraffe:

Being squished by a hippo:

Silenced by a wooly mammoth:

Stuffed into a turtle shell:

Milk-squirting cow:

More kids came on stage to help me out with "You're a Dinosaur":



Signing autographs after the show:

As you can see, we had a great time! I hope you can make it to some of the other festival events this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment