Thursday, July 29, 2004

On the Road - Tulsa, Schusterman-Benson

My how time flies. I just did my last summer reading program for 1994 here at the Schusterman-Benson branch library in Tulsa, and it was a great show! I did two programs, and the second one just couldn't have gone better.

The program room here has a beautiful wooden floor, which is great for the acoustics. There were lots of parents in the audience, and several families who were fans. The group was very attentive - "Take Me to Your Library" was getting big laughs at all the right spots. Even "Read Team USA," (this summer's new song) which is full of little puns that usually go over everyone's head, got a couple of good laughs for the first time. And this was probably the last time I'll perform it. Life is full of little ironies, innit?

Two more shows next week - Thursday 8/5/04 10:30 and 11:30 at the Pottery Barn Kids in Penn Square Mall, OKC - and Saturday 8/7/04 9:00-11:00 at the Farmer's Market in Muskogee - and then my calendar is clear to start some new projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment