Thursday, June 02, 2005

First Show of Summer - Ada Library

I haven't posted anything in a while - not much to tell. I've been getting ready for summer shows and for the CD release party, which you've heard about if you're on the mailing list!

The reading program theme this summer is "Dragons Dreams and Daring Deeds." I wrote a new song with that title, and another one called "The Day I Took My Dragon For a Walk."

I sang both for the first time this morning at the Ada Library program. They seemed to go over pretty well. I'll be making refinements to both songs as I learn how to perform them - all part of the process!

I also sang "The Princess and the Farmer's Son," "The Great Green Squishy Mean Bibliovore," "You're a Dinosaur," "Hanging Out With Heroes at the Library," "Frog Song," and "Imagine That."

The Ada audience is always a very receptive one, and this morning was no exception. It was fun to do a library program after many months of other sorts of things, and Ada was a great place to do it! ! I've already got them penciled in on the calendar for next year!

After the show we nearly sold out of the new CD! (I think most of the folks there already had the others.)

It's going to be a fun summer. Looking forward to Yukon, Jones, Lawton, Altus, Hollis, and Paul's Valley next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment