Wednesday, April 19, 2006

PCST Update - Songs are Done!

I just got back from the post office where I over-nighted my songs to Disc Makers for mastering!

So, the songs are done. Whew - now I need to finish the booklet and in three weeks I should have CDs in hand. I'm excited! The songs sound great, if I say so myself. I didn't get the big anxiety that usually goes with saying "OK, I'm done." I just felt a little one, which only lasted for about the past 24 hours.

I shared digital files of the songs with a bunch of my musician friends and asked for their feedback, which was very helpful and calming. Also, over the weekend I talked Lisa into recording some vocals for Villa Villekula Hula, and together we transformed it from an OK song to a stand-out track. She sounds awesome!

Here's the final line-up:

1. Paws Claws Scales and Tales
2. I Took My Dragon For a Walk
3. A Pet Like That
4. Villa Villekula Hula
5. Dog Books
6. Humming Bird Hum
7. It's Hard to Love a Reptile
8. Eleanor Gerbil
9. Fred's Frog Flippy
10. The Cat Came Back
11. Paws Claws Scales and Tales Reprise
(Plus Two Bonus Tracks!)
12. Gimme Vegetables
13. I Go Bananas

I feel like I've been locked up in a cave - I've been doing nearly nothing but tweaking mixes for the past couple of weeks. Now I'm going to creep out and get some fresh air for a few moments, then dive back in to work on that CD booklet and all the other stuff that's been waiting for my attention!

If you've been looking for a new podcast, sorry for the delay - I'll get to it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment