Friday, December 17, 2004

Checotah - Intermediate School / Stillwater Concert CD

I was back in Checotah this morning, this time to sing for the 4th - 6th grade. That's always a challenging audience. When the older kids are on their own they are less likely to participate. I had to laugh because when I sang "Take Me to Your Library," I asked them to sing along one last time, as I always do, and I could see all the fifth graders looking back up at the 6th graders, and the 6th graders looking at one another as if to say, "Are you going to do this?"

So I did mostly story/library songs, but they did great snapping and popping with "The Brainiacs" and repeating the "Bibliovore"s lines. I also did "Lisa Lee Elizabeth," and "Loose Tooth" and we finished up with "Hanging Out With Heroes" which inspired some spontaneous clapping with the beat.

I've been mixing mixing mixing the Stillwater show during all my work hours at home & got it in the mail to those who ordered one this afternoon! After Christmas, I'll be ready to start the very tedious and thorough work of polishing up all those mixes for the final version of the CD.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment