Tuesday, February 22, 2005

"You're a Dinosaur"

I just finished a first mix of "You're a Dinosaur." This mix only took me two days. I'm definitely getting quicker at it!

This is one of the rockingest songs on the CD, and it features John's distinctive electric guitar part on the verses - it's an energetic little groove accented by a high pitched harmonic on the "and" of four. Very cool. This one also features the audience roaring like dinosaurs, and doing the "hadrosaur hoot" - which may be one of the most distinctive sounds ever captured in bits. (I almost said on tape - but this is a digital recording!)

It won't be too long before you can actually hear what I've been talking about - I have registered a domain name for the new CD and will soon put up a website to include sound clips of the mixes I'm working on along with lots of other exciting stuff.

You can check it out at www.greatgreensquishymeanconcertcd.com - yes, it's mighty long. But there it is.

Right now there's nothing there. But you will be able to say you were the first visitor!

No comments:

Post a Comment