Thursday, October 26, 2006

Red Ribbon Week


It's Red Ribbon Week!

I was at Glencoe Elementary today. The 6th grade girls came by after the program to get autographs, making me feel like a rock star. Some of them knew my songs from previous visits, or from my library shows, and I saw them back there during the show, singing along with "Lisa Lee Elizabeth" and having a good old time.

Yesterday I was in Locust Grove, at the Early Learning Center. I did two shows there, one for 1st and 2nd grade, and the other for PreK and Kindergarten. We had a lot of fun with songs like "Big Red Fire Truck" and "You're a Dinosaur" - those kids are so sweet, and great singers, too!

Tuesday I was at Mustang Trails, and I sang for two great groups. We brought volunteers on stage to add their reactions into my "Fifty Ways to Say No to Drugs" song. And of course the kids at all three schools were excited to hear and sing "Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet!"

Make healthy choices, everybody! Happy Red Ribbon Week, and happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment