Saturday, October 21, 2006

NAPPA and Parents' Choice Awards!


Howdy, people! Sorry for the long absence. I'm still alive! There is much to catch up on, but I'm going to try to spread it out, rather than cover everything in one post.

I'll start off tonight with the most exciting news I've got - My latest CD, Paws Claws Scales & Tales, has won two important awards!

The first is a NAPPA Honors Award. This is my second year in a row to receive one. Here is the fabulous quote they sent me: "Harper's songwriting skills take a backseat to no one, and these creative animal songs are a pleasure to the ear."

The winning products will be posted November first at the NAPPA website.

Paws Claws Scales & Tales has also won a Parents' Choice Recommended Award. This is my second Parent's Choice, too, although the first one (for Take Me to Your Library) was an Approved award, which means I've moved up a tier! My Parents' Choice review says, "Harper crafts songs for kids that are both witty and fun; imagine a kind of children's music Loudon Wainwright III, making a pet-themed album and you begin to get an idea of his songwriting skills."

The winning products are posted at the Parents' Choice website.

I'll also toss in a mention of a very positive review for Paws Claws Scales & Tales in the September issue of School Library Journal. They say, "Animal lovers will find much to enjoy on this fun album." Orders through Amazon.com, CDBaby, and several wholesalers specializing in sales to libraries have picked up since the review; hopefully the awards will beef up sales even more!

Finally, I did not win a Unisong People's Choice. I only mention it because in my previous post (way back in August!) I was asking fans to vote for me, so I thought you might like to know how that turned out. Many of you did vote, some of you even daily! I really really appreciate it and I wish I could say that thanks to you, I won, but instead I can say that thanks to you, I believed I had a chance, and that is just as good! So, thanks to you!

1 comment: