Thursday, August 05, 2010

Fargo and Grand Forks, ND

We started off yesterday at the Carlson branch of the Fargo library. The audience was mostly moms and toddlers, with a group of preschoolers up front, so I altered my usual lineup and did some of my more active songs.

Pop Up Sit Down:

Can you guess what's in this box?

Yesterday afternoon we drove to Grand Forks and I performed outside as part of their big end of summer blow-out celebration.

You never know what might happen when performing outdoors. Partway through the first song, this giant armadillo showed up. 

A view from the back:

Can you provide a caption for this photo?

Crab got your nose?

Hadrosaurs!

Seismosaurs:

The library building at Grand Forks was one of the most unique we've seen. Here's the children's area. The picture books are arranged on trays so they can be flipped through easily. The round windows in the back look out over the main part of the library.

This ship at the back of the room is fun to play on!

Here's a view from the other side of those round windows. 

The main space in the library is huge!

This afternoon I performed at the main branch in Fargo. Saturday we'll be going to my niece's wedding! Several of our relatives were there for this show. Here are Evalyn, then Brent, the fiance, then Abby, my niece the bride, then Katy, Sam's girlfriend, then Sam, Abby's brother, then Pat, Sam and Abby's mom (and Lisa's big sis). Got that? Quiz later...

Evalyn makes a great pirate - "Aaarg!"



What a great-looking herd of triceratops!!


My "Songs From the Science Frontier" campaign is still moving along - I'm at 57%! Please help me connect kids with science. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment