Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Science Program @ Stillwater Library + News on 6

On Sunday I performed for a secular parenting picnic in Edmond. This was my first chance to try out an all-science program on an audience. I was pretty nervous but I think it went well. 

After the show people ate, and then I played a few extra songs for some fans from way back - they wanted to hear "Lisa Lee Elizabeth" and "Alphabet Rag!"


At the Stillwater Library on Tuesday I did a full program of science songs: "Super Scientist," "What Is the Shape of the Molecule?," "Bat Man," "Acrocanthosaurus," "The Wind Energy Song," "Roundy Round," and "Ain't It Beautiful?" All these songs except "Roundy Round" (which is on the Take Me to Your Library CD already) will be included on my new Songs From the Science Frontier CD.

We utilized an overhead projector during some of the songs to put lyrics up on a big screen on stage. I think that helped a lot - it's easier to follow all those complex sciencey concepts if you can read along. AND it made it easier to participate in the sing-along sections.

"Let me hear you now..."

"Working on the mystery of life's history, he's a bat man!"

"Spring your sharpened claws!" There was a large contingency of younger kids at the program. I wasn't sure how they'd do with this new batch of songs, but they were great. Here they are being Acrocanthosaurs!

"This is the sun shining down on Earth!" Even the adults stood up to help form a wind farm during my "Wind Energy" song!

Here we are going "Roundy Round!"

After the program, we played my News on 6 story for folks to watch and asked them to contribute to my Kickstarter campaign by pre-ordering the new CD. We got a couple of new pledges on the spot. 

What's that, you haven't seen the News on 6 story that aired in Tulsa and Oklahoma City (channel 9) this past weekend? Here you go:

No comments:

Post a Comment