Saturday, October 02, 2004

Latest Rehearsal (and more)

Wednesday's rehearsal got us through the rest of the songs I hope to use on the CD - "Horny Toad," "The Great Green Squishy Mean Bibliovore," "Love This Baby," and a new one, "Can It Be Over?"

I put together a mock-up of the entire CD using recordings from rehearsals. I listened in the car today, taking a few notes on spots that still need work. For the most part we are right on track and I'm very pleased with the sound. I can't wait for you all to hear it. I keep saying that, but, hey, I'm excited!

I visited with Steve McLinn today in Oklahoma City. He'll be our sound and recording engineer at the programs. We tested out some headset and guitar mics. Steve says he'd like to play in the band, but he has gigs those days, ha ha. If only he had four arms! He's a great musician as well as a brilliant equipment nut. The CD will be in great hands with Steve!

I also dropped off an armload of flyers at the City Arts Center. Now the promotion has begun, so it feels like I've passed an important point of no return.

While we were there at the children's theater, Lisa, Evalyn and I took in a production of "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe." We were wondering how such an expansive book would be presented on stage. They did it with two actors in 40 minutes! It was done in the round, and each actor switched rolls to cover all the parts by switching hats. There were only a few props - it was mostly pantomime, and they went from narration to acting by stepping in and out of the "magic circle." The kids' stayed focussed on the story very well and all seemed to enjoy it. I thought it was great how they drew you in even with such a sparce production.

Now Evalyn is anxious to check out "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment