Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Millwood and Cordell





I wish I could've been running a video camera from onstage during "The Wind Energy Song" at Cordell Elementary today! The kids did such a great job - it looked really cool. I did the next best thing and took a photo of the audience from the stage after the show. I also stopped at Thomas on the way home and took some photos of the wind farm that stretches along Highway 40 right there. So you can combine the two photos in your imagination!

Oh, man, I have nightmares like the way today started out, where I have a show about to start while one thing after another keeps me from getting there to set up. Meanwhile the audience is arriving...

I'll give you the quick version: I got lost on the way to the school, got lost in the wrong building, got lost in the right building, and got lost looking for the auditorium. By the time I carted my sound system into the room to set up it was five minutes to showtime and the Pre-K were already seated.

But my contact person at Millwood was great and we got it all sorted out.

Then there was the run in with the police (wrong way on a one way street) and the misbehaving sound system at Cordell, plus my voice nearly giving out. But as you already saw, that one turned out well in the end.

I don't think I've ever had such a string of bad luck on one day! Wish me good luck for the next four!

No comments:

Post a Comment