Thursday, November 15, 2007

Stoneridge in Piedmont and Sacred Heart in El Reno


I got through my morning show at Stoneridge in pretty good shape. By the afternoon, my voice actually felt a bit stronger. Let's hope that trend continues!

At Sacred Heart I performed for Pre-K through 6th grade. First to enter the room was a group of three-year-olds, and they were each carrying a paddle-shaped fan with my face on it and the words "Monty Harper Fan Club" on the back! I was flabbergasted, to say the least. They had been listening to my Jungle Junk cd, and were clamoring to hear "The Kid Who Ate a Bug."

Well, that song is not normally part of my "Oklahoma CenTUNEial" program, not to mention that the Oklahoma program isn't really designed for three year olds, so I wasn't sure how this would all pan out. But I was amazed at how sweet and well behaved those little ones were through the whole program, so naturally I tagged "The Kid Who Ate a Bug" to the end for them - how could I not?

Tomorrow, Northwood in Seminole, then Saturday it's "Breakfast With Santa" in Ft. Smith, Arkansas. Ironically, after all the effort I've put into celebrating Oklahoma's centennial, which is tomorrow, I'll be spending that evening in a hotel room in Arkansas! Life is weird sometimes.

I won't get to post again until Saturday at the earliest, so I'll say it now:

Happy 100th, Oklahoma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment