Tuesday, March 08, 2005

On the Road in Fort Worth Part 2


Monty - 13
Originally uploaded by Monty42.
Here I am at Remington Point Elementary School in Fort Worth, TX. This photo shows me wading into the audience with my concertina during the song "Library Bookaneers." If you click on the photo you'll go to flickr where you can see 11 others from the same concert!

This group sang particularly well, and "Silly Song" and "Grandma's House Tonight" were highlights of the show. I also did "Take Me to Your Library," "Loose Tooth," "Hanging Out With Heroes" and "Trick or Treat Smell My Feet."

It was picture day at Remington and we felt bad for the few kids who had to leave early, but as John likes to say "such is life." They only missed one song.

I hope all your pictures came out great!

This afternoon we were at Bryson Elementary. Another great group! The program was similar but instead of "Loose Tooth" we did "Our Principal Plays in a Rock n Roll Band" and Ms. Southerland did a great job rocking out on stage.

We had fun with "Grandma's House" - the kids began screaming at the mention of each new character - the alligator, polar bear, big foot and especially the T-Rex. It was all in good fun, but I've never seen that particular reaction before. Just goes to show - I can sing a song for years and years and still get a surprise from the audience!

We don't have photos from the Bryson show yet. John left his camera behind so we borrowed one from the school. They'll email 'em to me and I'll put them up when I get them. So please check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment