Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Durant


Here is a photo of me with half my audience in Durant! That's right, there were six kids today. Actually, we started with five, went to eight, then down to six, plus one baby, two moms, and two librarians. Participation rarely works with a group that small and my show is highly participatory this summer. I made a valiant effort, but in the end I pulled some quick substitutions and did a few story songs I haven't gotten to do in a while.

Whew - seven hours of driving (and I set up the sound system) to sing for six kids! I hope they liked it! It happens sometimes - once many years ago Lisa and I drove all the way down to Hollis, in the far southwest corner of the state, and we got zero kids! I did the program for two librarians that day. So any kids at all are way more kids than my all-time smallest audience!

Off to Kansas tomorrow. See you at the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment