Saturday, August 11, 2007

Raising a Reader


Last night I gave a performance at the public library in Bartlesville. As you can see in the photo, I brought along my concertina, which I used to perform "Library Bookaneers."

The purpose of the show was to help educate parents about Bartlesville's "Raising a Reader" program. Evalyn took part in Raising a Reader here in Stillwater when she was in Pre-K. Each child brings home a bag of books once a week to read with their parents.

Today we fulfilled our promise to Evalyn that she would get to go swimming before the end of summer; we took her to the city pool and spent about two and a half hours in the 100 degree weather being wet! I think I got a bit too much sun, despite repeated applications of sunscreen.

School starts for Evalyn on Wednesday next week! We are all looking forward to it.

There are so many cool things percolating along right now that I want to tell you about, but I think it would be unwise to mention any of them until they actually come to pass. So suffice it to say, stay tuned, and founts of flabbergasting facts will flutter forth in future fustian from this fascinating feed.

Well, at least you got a good bit of alliteration there! It took me forever to find "fustian" and it's perfect for the context; it means "overblown language."

Enjoy your last days of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment