Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mustang




Evalyn was fine today - her stomach thing yesterday seems to have been of the 12 hour variety. We had a great show in Mustang, and she gave one of her best performances yet of "Oklahoma Annie."

See the balloon Evalyn is holding in the top photo? It's a wedding balloon, which the librarian told us had been stuck on the high ceiling of the meeting room for two weeks. It chose today to drift its way down. What's more it came down right behind me while I was singing. Not only that (remember it's a wedding balloon) it chose the "went to town and picked me out a wife" verse of "My Oklahoma Home, It Blowed Away" as the perfect moment to join me on stage. We all got a big chuckle out of that!

Tomorrow, we get the day off, so to speak - that is to say we'll be at home trying to catch up on a million home things that need doing. Next week - Norman, Purcell, Moore, Noble, Newcastle, McLoud, & Tecumseh!

See you at the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment